What is WP-TopBar?
It is a WordPress Plugin to create special message/image bars that you can display above the Header or below the Footer of your WordPress website.
WP-TopBar allows you to create an unlimited number of Message Bars. They are cachable and randomly selected based on the criteria you select, including start time, stop time and more. You can provide a weighting to skew selected TopBars to show up more often. It is easily customised and easy to add your own PHP and CSS.
You can create an unlimited number of Message Bars that:
• Have their own color, CSS styling, and buttons (for Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.)
• Have a background image
• Have a close button
• Have a re-open button that shows after a TopBar is closed
• Have custom CSS or PHP that is executed with each TopBar. Of course, that can be super dangerous if you enter PHP code that is invalid — you could break your website. That option should only be used by Advanced Swimmers only.
You can have WP-TopBar show only one TopBar or display every valid TopBar that you’ve create (they are rotated in and out).
TopBars can be:
• Scheduled based on time
• Shown only for mobile, non-mobile or all users
• Shown only on the home page — or not shown on the home page
• Shown only for certain categories — or excluded from certain categories
• Shown only on certain Pages — or excluded from certain Pages
• Shown only when the user scrolls the page down
• Given a Priority — to ensure that more important messages are shown more frequently
More details on the selection logic can be found on here .
The TopBars are always statically created to take advantage of caching plugins.
Want to create a lot of Message Bars? you can copy the existing ones with just a few clicks. Know SQL? You can even export the TopBars in three different formats (JSON, CSV or SQL).
There are a multitude of options to customise your Message bars with a few listed below
1. Enable/disable the TopBar without disabling the plugin.
2. Place the TopBar Above the Header or Below the Footer
3. Amount of time (in milliseconds) for the TopBar to appear. Enter 0 for no delay.
4. Amount of time (in milliseconds) for the TopBar to take to slide down on the page. Enter 0 for no delay.
5. Amount of time (in milliseconds) for the TopBar to stay on the page. Enter 0 for the TopBar to not disappear.
6. Pick the date/time for the TopBar to start showing.
7. Pick the date/time for the TopBar to stop showing. Of course, it must be after the start time. Select 0 for the TopBar to never disappear.
8. Whether to show the TopBar for logged in users, not logged in users or all users.
9. A lot of CSS options — and even a way to enter your own CSS in
10. Retrict the Topbar to show on only certain pages (or to not show on those pages)
11. Retrict the Topbar to show on only certain categories (or to not show on those categories)
12. Add social buttons to the TopBar
13. Add a Close Button
14. Option to execute your own PHP or CSS code before (or after) the TopBar is created
15. Has explicit support for qTranslate — translates the top bar text fields and link field.
16. You can have unlimited number of Message Bars — the plugin randomly selects one (based on individual weightings) to show
17. The TopBars are generated in such a way to support cacheing (e.g. W3 Total Cache, WP Super Cache)
You can see the Message Bar displayed with WP-TopBar in the header of this site.
Wp-TopBar is a free WordPress Plugin which can be installed from WordPress.org this is the link
WP-TopBar has been downloaded 99,342 times!